To All Swan Lake Cast Families:
This is a reminder to download and use the Long Beach Ballet app on your phone. App users will receive instant reminders and important news about upcoming Swan Lake events (ie. ticket sales, theater info., etc.)
Click on the following link to see a short video tutorial from Mr. Wilcox on how to download the app and set your custom notification groups: Video: How to Download and Setup LBB App
Here’s a recap of the instructions:
- Go to your phone’s “store” and search for the Long Beach Ballet app.
- Download the app into your phone.
- From the app’s homepage, click the menu (3 lines) in the upper left corner.
- Choose “Notification Settings”
- Choose your notification groups: (1) your dancer’s class level & (2) Swan Lake Cast
- Make sure that you enable your phone to receive notifications from the LBB app.
Now that you have the app, use it to submit the answer to the following Swan Lake trivia question and become eligible to WIN a fun Swan Lake-related prize. (Select “Contact Us” on the App menu to submit your answer.)
Swan Lake Trivia Question: How many feathers are on LBB’s Odette headpiece?
Those who submit the correct answer will be entered into a drawing to win their own personal Swan Lake Pinata party goods including:
- *Odette Swan pinata
- *Odile Swan pinata
- *Party paper goods
One answer/submission per dancer by the deadline May 5th. The winner will be announced on May 6th. Good luck!
Stay up-to-date by frequently reading your emails and using this app. We don’t want anyone to miss important Swan Lake news!
Long Beach Ballet presents the world’s greatest ballet
-Swan Lake at the Irvine Barclay Theater.
Saturday and Sunday, June 12th and 13th, both shows at 2:00 p.m.
Due to limited seating, in-person tickets are only available to family members. A four-camera live-stream will be available to the general public. To order the live stream, visit LongBeachBallet.com.
Long Beach Ballet’s sumptuous production of Swan Lake will feature a cast of 120, including Derek Drilon, current soloist with the Joffrey Ballet as the Prince; Megan Wilcox, finalist at the 2013 Prix de Lausanne international ballet competition as Odette, and Hailey Pemberton, last featured as the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella as the Black Swan.
Long Beach Ballet is internationally recognized for their annual production of The Nutcracker, which was voted “America’s most beloved Nutcracker” in 2018 and 2019 by the national ticketing organization Goldstar.
Long Beach Ballet’s elaborate production of Swan Lake, which was last presented six years ago at the Richard and Karen Carpenter Performing Arts Center, showcases over 200 costumes and 8,000 square feet of scenery.
It has been wonderful to see the happy faces of our Swan Lake cast dancers in their rehearsals. Presenting our performances at a new venue and within the ever-changing safety guidelines will be a learning experience for all, but we are looking forward to another fantastic production this June! Thank you to the cast, parents, faculty, and staff for their efforts to give our dancers another great performance opportunity.
Watch for the email in May, that will be sent directly to you announcing the start of sales with your exclusive ticket link. Don’t forget to use the LBB app on your phone for instant notifications on Swan Lake news (remember to choose the “Swan Lake Cast” notification group so you will receive important information).
We have received permission from the Barclay Theater to sell 400 seats of the total theater capacity, which is 750. That comes to a total of 800 tickets that will be available for the two performances. Please note the following important information:
- All ticket sales will be through the Long Beach Ballet office.
- Tickets will be $60.00 each (all ages and seating locations). It is a small theater and every seat is great!
- Initially, each family will be allowed to purchase up to 4 tickets.
- Additional tickets may become available to purchase as we get nearer the performance date.
- Seats will be assigned best available with the distancing of unused seats between parties.
For the first time, our Spring performance will also be available to watch on a Livestream for those who cannot attend the performances in-person. The cost of the Livestream will be $35.00 for the one-time live-viewing.
Starting in May, tickets sales will begin in different “tiers” with sales to:
- Swan Lake production sponsors and families who donated their ticket purchases and/or performance fees from last year’s Spring production
- customers who have credit for tickets purchased last Spring
- Swan Lake Cast families (who are not eligible for the above tiers)
- general sales
Happy April Everyone!
We are so happy to have our students back in our studios for classes. Online Zoom classes continue for most classes (see the schedule on the Online Academy www.LongBeachBallet.com/online-academy)
New Zoom password as of today: (see email)
IMPORTANT ZOOM Information – students must:
- attend with same classroom behavior as in-person class (attentive to instructor, no leaving, eating, etc).
- be present in required dress code – including class attire, belt (if applicable), tidy hair
- sign-on with their name – either first/last (last initial as least). If student is not identifiable by administration, their attendance will not be counted
- turn camera ON for instructor to give feedback/corrections
Dancers who are taking class via Zoom and do not have their camera on will not be counted for attendance.
Attendance numbers are used for assessment at the evaluations and may affect performance eligibility.
We are so excited to see our students back inside our studios for class! Just to clarify, the class schedule remains the same and the classes are in our indoor studios. See Class Schedule
Most classes will continue to be available via online Zoom too. The new password will be forwarded to current students on Wednesday, 4/7 (reminder to pay tuition by the 7th to avoid the late fee and received the new password). To see which classes are available for the online Zoom, see the schedule on the Online Academy https://longbeachballet.com/online-academy/
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT REMINDER to all students that the CLASSICAL DRESS CODE will be in full enforcement!!!
See previous post for more safety details.
Dear LBB Families:
Starting Monday, April 8th, we are thrilled to be able to hold our classes in our regular indoor studios (just in the nick of time, since our Marley floors have become damaged from the outdoor elements!). The class schedule remains the same as the current schedule. Most classes will continue to be offered via online Zoom.
THANK YOU to all of our students and parents – for your continued support of our efforts to keep classes ongoing through this past year. We will continue to follow safety guidelines to keep everyone happy and healthy.
All individuals are required to continue wearing face coverings inside and outside of classes. Hand sanitizers, as well as the restrooms, are available for sanitizing/washing hands. Individuals who wish to bring extra sanitizing products for their own use are welcome to.
All individuals who are ill must stay at home or will not be allowed inside the buildings.
Maximum number per studio space:
|Per||LB Fire Code||CDC 6ft distancing||Orange Tier|
Current class sizes fall within the maximum numbers above.
*allowing 6-foot distancing